How To Get Information On Juvenile Records, Your Fort Lauderdale Juvenile Lawyer

Your Fort Lauderdale juvenile lawyer has resources and information for you. We care about your child and offer a 24hr contact line for parents. Below you will find some helpful information.

How can I obtain information on Juvenile cases?

The Juvenile Division of the Clerk of the Courts is located in Room 349 of the Broward County Courthouse in Ft. Lauderdale. The Juvenile window is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Due to the confidential nature of cases involving Juveniles, information will not be given over the telephone. Information regarding Juvenile matters will only be made available to the Juvenile, the Juvenile's Parents and/or the Juvenile or Parent's Attorney of Record. For access to information contained in the court file, the person must appear in person with proper picture I.D. at the Juvenile window in Room 349 during normal business hours. To reset a hearing, the parties involved must notify the Judge assigned to the case. The phone number may be found in the white pages of the Broward County Telephone Directory.

Important Phone Numbers And Other Information

Juvenile Assessment Center

    (954) 467-4600

2600 Sw 4th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315
Cross Streets: Between SW 27th St and SW 26th St

What Is Teen Court?

Teen Court is a diversion program designed to offer an alternative to formal juvenile court proceedings. At Teen Court’s sentencing phase trials, trained high school student volunteers using a Peer Jury format, roughly modeled after the process used by a grand jury, perform the courtroom roles of clerk, bailiff, juror and advocate.

Teen Court defendants are misdemeanor offenders generally aged 11-17, who voluntarily agree to participate. These cases are referred by the State Attorney’s Office and law enforcement agencies. Parental participation is mandatory for Teen Court defendants in that the parent(s) must attend an initial interview and the court hearing. Teen Court mainly handles charges such as retail theft, petit theft, possession of alcohol by a person under age 21, possession of marijuana or drug paraphernalia, criminal mischief, battery, trespassing and other charges.

Alternative Restitutions and Negotiated Alternatives

Informal Hearing and Disposition

    Restitution – juvenile is required to reimburse the victim or pay a fine to the community for damages he has caused.
    Mandatory curfew – juvenile is subject to a strict curfew.
    School attendance – juvenile is required to attend school regularly.
    Rehabilitation – juvenile is required to participate in drug or other rehabilitation programs.

Call our juvenile defense helpline 24hrs, 7days. We understand that when your child has been arrested you want help and you want it right away. We understand your sense of helplessness in your role as protector. You are not alone. The Juvenile Defense Law Office of Guy Seligman is here for you. We have been helping distraught parents just like you for over 3 decades.