Miami Suspended License Resources , Miami Suspended License Lawyer

Your Miami suspended license and license reinstatement lawyer Guy Seligman has 3 decades experience in helping you if you have been arrested for a Miami suspended license. He can also assist ,in most cases, to have your license reinstated in North Miami, Miami Beach, Aventura, Miami Springs, Hialeah, Miami, South Miami, Homestead and the Florida Keys and the entire Miami/Dade area.

Frequently asked questions regarding your Miami/FDade drivers license

1.  Why does my case show in a collection agency status?

A case could be in a collection agency status for either of the following:

    A case has been delinquent for failing to pay fine and/or costs for more than 90 days; or
    A defendant failed to appear at an infraction court setting more than 90 days ago and the case remains open.

There are currently 3 possible collection agencies that can be assigned to a delinquent case. These agencies are:

    Alliance One,
    Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson, or
    Penn Credit Corporation

These agencies are assigned specific case numbers, so please contact the Miami-Dade County Clerk’s Office to identify which agency has been assigned to a particular case. After accessing this link:

    input the case number,
    click  the SEARCH button,
    scroll down and click on PAY.

If the case has been assigned to a collection agency, the web service will identify the applicable agency and provide the appropriate contact information.

2.  Why does my case action reflect a status of "pending review"?

A "pending review" case action indicates the citation is currently being reviewed. It is not necessary to take any action on the case until you are notified by mail as to the proper options to satisfy the citation. The Clerk's Office will send notification by mail once the review process is complete. Although the Clerk's Office will notify you by mail, this status may change so it is advisable to check this website weekly for current status.

3.  What steps should I follow if I posted a cash bond on a traffic case and now expect a refund?

If you are entitled to a refund, you may go to the Bond Unit located at 1351 NW 12 ST, 9th Floor, Miami, FL. You must bring the cash bond receipt in order to claim the refund.

4.  What action can I take if I have received notice of a ticket that I never received?

If you have reason to believe that you are not the person that has been cited for a citation you may do the following: If the ticket is a civil infraction you may set the case for trial within 30 days from issuance of the citation. You should also file an Affidavit of Identity form with the Clerk’s Office at the time you request the hearing. If it has been more than 30 days since the ticket was issued, you must submit a motion to set aside driver license suspension and an Affidavit of Identity form. If a case is a criminal traffic ticket you will be notified of a hearing date. At the hearing, you should inform the court that you are not the person cited for the citation. In either case, it is advisable to seek the assistance of a Deputy Clerk, in person, at any Clerk's Office location.

5.  Will Miami-Dade County tickets affect my out of state driver license?

Yes, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reports tickets issued in Miami-Dade County to other states.

6.  How do I Change a Trial Location / Address Change?

All trial calendars are set according to the issuing police officer's work schedule and area of patrol; therefore, requests for a change in the trial location cannot be granted. If you have moved, please send the following: Name, Case Number, Driver License Number and your new address to Clerk Of Courts, Traffic Division, PO BOX 19321, Miami, Florida  33101-9321. Please include an explanation asking our office to change your address in our system.


7.  Where can I reinstate my driver license?

If your driver license was suspended due to failure to comply with a Miami-Dade County traffic citation, upon compliance, you may reinstate your driver license or at any of the Miami-Dade County Clerk's Office or Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles locations. Please visit  Miami-Dade County Clerk's Office or Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles for locations and hours of operation. If you are suspended for any other reason, please see the What should I do if my driver license is suspended due to something other than a Miami-Dade County traffic ticket? FAQ.

8.  Where do I go to request a hardship driver license?

You can appear in person at the Florida Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles office located at 2515 West Flagler Street, Miami. FL or call (305) 643-7569 for further information.

9.  What should I do if my driver license is suspended due to something other than a Miami-Dade County traffic ticket?

If your driver license is suspended for any of the following reasons:

    Points Suspension
    DUI revocation
    Habitual Traffic Offender
    PIP Insurance Cancellation
    Worthless Check
    Child Support
    Out of State suspension
    Out of County suspension
    Any other suspension/revocation that is not for failure to pay or appear for a traffic violation in Miami-Dade County.

You must go to any Florida Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) office to obtain information on how to satisfy any other type of suspension/revocation other than for a traffic ticket. The Clerk’s Office only handles suspensions in regards to traffic tickets issued in Miami-Dade County. All other driver license issues are addressed by the state of Florida DHSMV. Please visit the DHSMV web site for further details on how to satisfy these other types of suspensions.

10.  How can I obtain information on parking violations?

If you would like information regarding Miami-Dade County parking violations, you may call the Parking Information line at (305) 275-1133 or choose Parking Violations Bureau.

11.  How can I obtain a copy of my driving record?


You may obtain a copy of your driving record by visiting any Miami-Dade County Clerk of Courts that accepts payments for tickets.

    The cost for a 3 years record is $14.25 plus $1 for each additional page.

    The cost for a 7 years record is $16.25 plus $1 for each additional page .

    The Richard E. Gerstein Building is the only location where you can obtain a copy immediately.

    If you visit any other location, it will take approximately two weeks for you to receive your driving record by mail.

    Also, visit the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles to order your record from their office.

12.  What are the steps to expunge or seal a criminal traffic ticket from my record?

Pursuant to Section 943.059, Florida Statutes, and Florida Rule of Criminal Procedure 3.692, you may expunge a criminal traffic citation. You are only eligible provided you have not secured a prior records expungement or sealing. If you were adjudicated guilty of a charge, you are NOT entitled to expunge or seal the record. This includes incidents outside of Miami-Dade County. Please visit the Sealing and Expunging Criminal Records.

13.  Can I plead “Not Guilty” if I cannot attend court in Miami-Dade County on a civil infraction traffic ticket?

Yes, you may submit a plea of not guilty in absentia by posting a bond by mail (cashier's check or money order only) in the amount of the civil penalty plus a $8.50 clerk’s fee along with a notarized affidavit of defense sent to: Clerk of Courts, PO BOX 19321, Miami, Florida  33101-9321. The affidavit can only be submitted for civil infraction violations and will act as your testimony in court. Upon completion of the case, the court will notify you of the outcome. If fines and/or court costs were assessed, they will be deducted from the bond. If the case is dismissed or you are found not guilty, your bond amount will automatically be refunded.

If you have any more questions, have been arrested for a suspended license or require help in getting your drivers license reinstated call our license reinstatement hotline today 1 855-5-license 24 hrs.