If you have been arrested for a BUI let Fort Lauderdale BUI lawyer Guy Seligman defend your BUI and Boating criminal charges.
The punishments for boating under the influence (BUI/BWI) are severe. Florida takes BUI charges very seriously and you will need an expereinced BUI lawyer.
BUI is a criminal charge that could lead to:
- jail time ,
- Having a felony or misdemeanor on your record,
- impoundment of your boat,
- forfeiture of your boat,
- loss of boating privileges in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Boating Under the Influence is a serious crime.
You can be charged with BUI if (a) your blood-alcohol level is .08 or (b) if you are deemed too impaired to handle your boat.
Other charges include:
- BUI causing serious bodily injury*
- BUI causing an accident
- BUI manslaughter*
- Repeat offenses (prior BUI or DUI)
- BAC of .15 or greater
- BUI with children or youths under age 18 aboard
- BUI causing property damage
Blood Alcohol Level For A BUI
A BUI citation is issued if the person operating the vessel has a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 or higher. Someone with a blood alcohol level of 0.05 to 0.08 may also be charged with a BUI if they are showing other signs of intoxication, such as swerving, slurred speech, or the inability to walk or stand.
Florida BUI Penalties
- Fines up to $500 for a first offense
- Six months in jail. $1,000 and nine months in jail for the second offense
- $2,500 and one year in jail for the third
- Causing a death from an accident as a result of BUI, is a felony.
We Defens ALL Criminal Boating Charges and Suspended Boating License Charges
If your Boating license has been suspended call suspended license lawyer Guy Seligman