Just Arrested For A DUI In Fort Lauderdale?
Brought Up On Ft Lauderdale DUI Charges?
Need A DUI Lawyer Now?
Call our 24hr DUI response line and speak to a Ft Lauderdale DUI Defense lawyer with years of experience defending drunk driving charges.
Florida DUI Laws Provide For Severe Penalties For Drunk Driving
What Is A DUI Charge?
DUI is defined as the "Driving Under the Influence of Alcoholic Beverages, Chemical Substances or Controlled Substance" s. as per 316.193, F.S.
- DUI Convictions can result in heavy fines.
- DUI convictions come with a mandatory 50 hours of community service or additional fine of $10 for each hour of community service required.
- You may be required to serve a period of probation.
- You may be required to serve time in jail
- A DUI conviction may result in confinement in a residential alcoholism or drug abuse treatment program.
- Your vehicle may become Impounded or of Immobilized.
- DUI misdemeanor conviction may remain on your permanent record if there was damage to property or an accident
- A third degree DUI Felony Conviction may be imposed if you are a repeat offender or you have caused an accident Involving serious bodily Injury while you were impaired.
- DUI/Manslaughter is a Second Degree Felony that can result in 15 years imprisonment.
- DUI Manslaughter and leaving the scene of an accident can result in 30 years imprisonment.
- Vehicular Homicide is a Second Degree Felony resulting in a $10,000 fine and/or 15 years imprisonment.
- Your drivers license can be revoked
Other Penalties Include:
- Completion of a DUI school
- Ignition interlock device required for two years.