Fort Lauderdale Child Pornography Charges Attorney
Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Pompano Beach Criminal Defense- Child Pornography Attorney
Guy Seligman is a child pornography, internet child sexual charges lawyer, located in Fort Lauderdale. Guy Seligman defends Floridians who have been charged or accused child pornography.
847.0137 Transmission of pornography by electronic device or equipment prohibited; penalties in Florida.
(1) For purposes of this section:
(a) “Minor” means any person less than 18 years of age.
(b) “Transmit” means the act of sending and causing to be delivered any image, information, or data from one or more persons or places to one or more other persons or places over or through any medium, including the Internet, by use of any electronic equipment or device.
(2) Notwithstanding ss. 847.012 and 847.0133, any person in this state who knew or reasonably should have known that he or she was transmitting child pornography, as defined in s. 847.001, to another person in this state or in another jurisdiction commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(3) Notwithstanding ss. 847.012 and 847.0133, any person in any jurisdiction other than this state who knew or reasonably should have known that he or she was transmitting child pornography, as defined in s. 847.001, to any person in this state commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(4) This section shall not be construed to prohibit prosecution of a person in this state or another jurisdiction for a violation of any law of this state, including a law providing for greater penalties than prescribed in this section, for the transmission of child pornography, as defined in s. 847.001, to any person in this state.
(5) A person is subject to prosecution in this state pursuant to chapter 910 for any act or conduct proscribed by this section, including a person in a jurisdiction other than this state, if the act or conduct violates subsection (3).
Pornography child pornography Internet charges are serious. But if you’re caught downloading and viewing child pornography from the Internet, you’re facing a lifetime of registration as a sex offender. Did you send a photo to a minor over the Internet? You’re facing felony charges or in serious federal charges.
Conviction on these charges will result in a lifetime registration as a sex offender.
If you’re facing charges of child pornography, you need an aggressive, experienced, and knowledgeable criminal defense attorney. If you or someone you love has been arrested or for communicating with a minor over the internet Guy Seligman is experienced in defending Floridians who have been charged or accused of Fort Lauderdale criminal child pornography offenses, including sex charges and child pornography charges.