Your Drivers License Restoration lawyer Guy Seligman can help you get a ft Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach, Orlando, Jacksonville, Ft Myers, Tampa Florida Hardship drivers License.
Getting a Florida Hardship Drivers License
There are two different types of Florida hardship licenses you can apply for:
1. Business Purposes Only is stated as “A driving privilege restricted to business purposes only means a driving privilege that is limited to any driving necessary to maintain livelihood, including driving to and from work, necessary on-the-job driving, driving for educational purposes, and driving for church and for medical purposes.”
2. Work Purposes Only states “A driving privilege restricted to employment purposes only means a driving privilege that is limited to driving to and from work and any necessary on-the-job driving required by an employer or occupation.”
A Hardship permit is now available to those with Permanent revocations after 4th DUI.
The Florida legislature has recently made it possible for an individual convicted of four (4) or more DUI’s to get an “employment purpose only” permit and eventually to obtain a “business purposes only” permit. Currently, the individual must wait 10 years from date of the last DUI conviction or when the individual was released from jail or prison on the charge (whichever occurred later). During that 10 year period, the individual must not have driven for any reason or consumed any alcoholic beverage. If the driver tells anyone at the DHSMV or the DUI Special Supervision Services Program that he drank, used any illegal drugs or drove without a license during those ten (10) years then the person is not eligible for a hardship permit (employment purpose only or business purpose only) for another 10 years.
The legislature has also relaxed the rules for anyone with four DUI convictions who applies for a hardship license after October 1, 2011. On that date, a person who has not driven for five (5) years after the DUI conviction and release date is eligible to apply for a hardship license.
- Contact our drivers license restoration department today to get advise on your eligibility for a hardship license.
- Business purpose ? Employment purpose? These are the hardship licenses as defined by Florida Statute 322.271.
- You will need to know which to apply for and how?
- Get the necessary application forms and information packets for your hardship license.
- Learn the type of questions the hearing officer may ask you when determining whether to grant your hardship driving license.
Help is just a phone call away.